I. Функции окончания «-s»
Перепишите следующие предложения с переводом на русский язык и укажите значение окончания «-s»:
a) – показатель 3-го лица единственного числа глагола в Present Simple / Indefinite
b) – признак множественного числа имени существительного
с) – показатель притяжательного падежа имени существительного
1. It costs three pence.
2. How old are Chris’s children?
3. I think it’s going to rain.
4. I don’t like bananas.
5. Is this your friend’s umbrella?
II. Степени сравнения прилагательных и наречий
А. Перепишите предложения, содержащие разные формы сравнения и переведите их на русский язык:
1. The giraffe is the tallest of all animals.
2. The more I thought about the plan, the less I liked it.
3. That was the best holiday I’ve had for a long time.
4. It was one of the worst experiences of my life.
5. Don’t worry. The situation isn’t so bad. It could be worse.
Б. Дополните предложения как указано в примере:
Пример: This cat is ...., but that cat is .... (fat) - This cat is fat, but that cat is fatter.
1) This monkey is …, but that monkey is … (funny)
III. Неопределенные местоимения
Вставьте местоимения some, any. Перепишите с переводом на русский язык следующие предложения:
1. I’d like _____ tea, but I don’t want ______ biscuits.
2. Can you give me ______ information about places of interest in the town?
3. I didn’t have ______ money, so I had to borrow _____ .
4. I didn’t buy _____ coffee, because I thought we had _____.
5. Are there ______ students in the classroom?
IV. Времена группы Simple /Indefinite/
Определите, к какому времени группы Simple /Indefinite/ относится каждое предложение. Напишите предложения с переводом:
a) Present Simple / Indefinite
b) Future Simple / Indefinite
c) Past Simple / Indefinite
1. The earth goes round the sun.
2. Vegetarians don’t eat meat.
3. That bag looks heavy. I’ll help you with it.
4. She got up at 7 o’clock.
5. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I didn’t disturb her.
V. Напишите с переводом предложения, употребив глаголto beвPresent Simple:
1. He ….. from Switzerland and lives in Villars.
2. She …. very busy and doesn’t have much free time.
3. My name …..Ally.
4. … you hungry? Would you like a sandwich?
VI. Прочитайте и переведите письменно текст:
Inflation has become chronic in all the developed capitalist countries. One can easily understand how tragically the steep rise in prices affects the working people. Having declared inflation “enemy №1” the leaders of the bourgeois governments and monopoly propaganda assert that “all suffer from it”. But the facts testify to the opposite. The course of events in history of the capitalist system development has shown that the inflation is caused mainly by disproportions and contradictions in the capitalist economy aggravated by the use of state-monopoly methods of regulating it. It has become clearer still that it is precisely through inflation, by
forcing up the prices of consumer goods and services, that the monopolies redistribute the national income in favor of big business. Thus, inflation has become a major lever of exploitation outside the sphere of production, making it possible to shift the burden of crisis onto the shoulders of the working people and the economically undeveloped countries. The most striking example is furnished by the United States, where, in the economically bad years the net profits of the biggest monopolies go up and the real wages of workers drop because the price rises. More over the US administration slashes the education, health and social security, and the
programs for housing construction and public transport are reviewed with the aim of reducing them to. Military spending alone are not cut. Unemployed number tends of millions in the US and Western Europe, and experts predict a further rise in unemployment in the capitalist world. Unemployment not only means material hardships for the working people. Lacking means of subsistence, these people sink to the bottom of capitalist society. Surveys conducted in the US have shown that a great number of unemployed are entirely “lost” as labor power. It is also a most convincing proof of what Marxist’s have long been saying, namely, that the chief enemy of capitalism is capitalism itself. Analyzing the situation, the World Federation of Trade Unions noted that at present a frontal attack on the basic rights of the working people, won through a long and stubborn struggle, is being launched in many capitalist and
developing countries. Large enterprises, traditional corporations, and the governments influenced by them are the main weapons in this offensive.
By forcing up the prices---------------ускоряя повыщение цен
Consumer goods and services--------потребительские товары и услуги
The net profits…go up----------------чистая прибыль…растет
To slash allocations--------------------урезать ассигнования
To sink to the bottom------------------опускаться на дно
II. Ответьте письменно на следующие вопросы:
1. What has become chronic in all the developed capitalist countries?
2. What is the inflation caused by?
3. What does the US administration do for education, health and social security?
4. What did the World Federation of Trade Unions note?
5. What are the main weapons in this offensive?
При использовании материала, поставите ссылку на Студалл.Орг (0.007 сек.)