Complete the sentences choosing the correct answer
1.While I … someone … my clothes and I … walk home in my swimsuit.
a am swimming, steals, had to
b swam, had stolen, should
c was swimming, stole, had to
d had been swimming, had stolen, would
2. … a man on the phone, … your husband.
a It is, it is b This is c There is, there is d There is, it is
3.My friend arrived … than I expected.
a earlier b more early c early d a little early
4.John came to see me …. It was last Friday, I think.
a another day b other day c the other day d the other days
5.He hardly leaves the house, … ?
a did he b didn’t he c does he d doesn’t he
6.She looked so … that he offered his help. But she said that she needed … to interfere.
a miserable, anybody b miserable, nobody c miserably, nobody d miserably, somebody
7. … bad behaviour is unacceptable in most schools.
a So b Such c Such as d Such the
8.Peter wondered where … to spend our holidays and if … to London.
a we going, we had ever been
b we were going, had we ever been
c we were going, we had ever been
d were we going, we have ever been
9.You are early. Yes, but not … I intended.
a as early as b early c so early that d as early that
10.Mr. Brown is very rich. He … work for a living.
a should b must not c hasn’t to d doesn’t have to
11.Very … people are completely happy with their appearance but everybody … put up with it.
a a few, must b few, have to c few, has to d little, should
12.He … for the national team in 65 matches so far.
a has played b played c had been playing d is playing
13. He once had a holiday in Ireland.
a Neither had I b So had I c So did I d So I had
14. A number of students … late for class today.
a is b are c was d has been
15. I advise you … Bob any money because he is in the habit of not giving … back.
a not to lend, them b not to lend, it c don’t lend, it d don’t lend, them
16.Some … stopped to help the old man.
a passer-by b passer-bys c passers-by d passers-bys
17. The investment … in the last quarter but for some reason it … in the accounts yet.
a had been made, hadn’t been shown c was made, wasn’t shown
b was made, hasn’t been shown d was made, hasn’t shown
18. We are going to a wedding on Saturday, … is getting married.
a a friend of us b a friend of ours c one friend d our friends
19. The suitcase was empty. … clothes in it.
a There wasn’t any b There weren’t no c There were some d There weren’t any
20. I doubted if they … my letter by next Sunday.
a had received b would receive c would have received d received
21. … very stormy last night.
a It is b There is c There was d It was
22. … I telephone Mike tonight, he’ll sell the car to someone else.
a Before b If c Unless d As soon as
23. Diana is … intelligent … very creative.
a either, and b neither, or c neither, but d both, and
24. … you do it, … it will be.
a The most carefully, the worse c The more carefully, the better
b The better, the best d The worst, the better
25. This is our shop, … ?
a Isn’t this b Isn’t it c Is this d Is it
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)