VII. Закончите предложения, используя информацию из писем. Предложения переведите на русский язык
1. The first thing to do is ____________________________________________.
2. Don’t use words that________________________________________ people.
3. Ask for help if communication does not_______________________a solution.
4. Take things into your own hands if people do not____________________ you.
5. Great______________are made when people try different ways of doing work.
6. To resolve a conflict, it is important__________________________________.
7. As soon as you ______________________________people, you are in trouble.
8. Discussing two ______________ ideas can sometimes lead to a better solution.
9. All people need to____________________________________with each other.
I. Определите в предложениях видовременные формы глаголов. Предложения переведите.
1. My father always reads newspaper in the evenings.
2. Our friends will go to Australia.
3. He has got a son and a daughter.
4. Who is the president of your company?
5. I came home by train.
II. Образуйте отрицательную и вопросительную формы предложений. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление степеней сравнения прилагательных и наречий.
1. The Russian language is more difficult than the English one.
2. She had got the longest hair.
3. My friend knows English much better than me.
4. Our company will buy cheaper office furniture next year.
III. Переведите предложения. Обратите внимание на перевод неопределенных местоимений и наречий.
1. I'm sure everybody will support your idea.
2. She lost her telephone book somewhere.
3. Let's see something else.
4. Is everything ready for talks?
5. Each of them wanted to take part in the discussion.
IV. Задайте вопросы к выделенным членам предложения.
1. I missed the train yesterday.
2. There are many places of interest in this city.
3. She has a large family.
4. My son will enter the college next уear.
V. Переведите на английский язык.
1. Муж моей сестры – в той комнате.
2. Сколько лет твоему брату? - Ему 15 лет.
3. В комнате есть стол? – Да.
4. Покажите мне, пожалуйста, те джинсы.
VI. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст:
Today in the United States, mass media never shows old people as weak or helpless. Old people in the US are called "senior citizens". In this way, Americans show respect for the long life people have lived. Senior citizens are called the "generation at the top". The age of retirement is sometimes called the "golden age".
Old people are as different as young people in their talents, skills and abilities. Nowadays, after people retire, they remain active. They often work and they help their children and grandchildren. They travel and do sport.
Another group hurt by stereotypes are people with disabilities. Many cannot do certain things, including seeing, hearing or walking. But these people have other abilities and talents. Johann Sebastian Bach, Albert Einstein and Agatha Christie were all people with disabilities. But they could still do great things.
In the US, people are taught to avoid words that may hurt people with disabilities. Here is some advice you might hear in the United States.
First, use words that focus on the person's individuality, not his / her disability. Instead of "the disabled", say "people with disabilities". Don't say "the deaf", say "people who are deaf". Second, never use words that show pity or fear of people with disabilities, and never use the word "normal" in contrast. Never use the words "victim" or “sufferer" to name a person who has a disability or disease. For example instead of saying "a victim of AIDS" or "an AIDS sufferer", say "a person with AIDS
In the US, you have to be very careful about the words you use to speak about minorities (ethnic groups). You will be accused of discrimination if you show disrespect toward different groups. Making ethnic jokes is very hurtful to people and shows politically incorrect behaviour.
You will be accused of racism if you use the improper term for people who have black skin. The US no longer uses the word "Negro" like in the old days. The term "Negro' does not refer to a person's country of origin so it is not politically correct. Most black people in the US now prefer the term "African American".
VII. Ответьте на вопросы по тексту.
1. How are old people in the USA called?
2. What is another group hurt by stereotypes?
3. How can people avoid words that hurt others?
4. Why do you have to be very careful about the words you use to speak about minorities?
VIII. Найдите в тексте английские эквиваленты русским выражениям.
Старшие граждане; проявлять уважение; уходить на пенсию; люди с ограниченными возможностями; обижать; вместо того, чтобы сказать; быть обвиненным; по отношению; некорректное поведение; как в прежние времена; относиться к.
При использовании материала, поставите ссылку на Студалл.Орг (0.006 сек.)