|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
III. Use the appropriate forms of the verbs to be, to have
1. He … in 1987. 2. We … students now. 3. He … many friends. 4. Tomorrow we … at home. 5. … she … a car? 6. … you a sportsman? 7. We … … … a good time at the party yesterday. 8. How … you? I … fine.
IV. Insert the article where necessary:
1. Yesterday I saw … new film, but .. film wasn’t very interesting.
2. …. Washington is situated on … Potomac River, and … London is situated on … Thames.
3. Lomonosov was … great Russian scientist . He was born in … small village on … shore of … White Sea.
4. One of my neighbours is … student of … the faculty of … Philosophy. …Philosophy is … very difficult discipline.
5. Yuri Gagarin was … first man to fly over … Earth in spaceship.
6. My … brother’s friend doesn’t have … dog.
7. I don’t know … name of this … student.
8. His brother is … doctor.
9. Last summer we visited … Crimea.
10. I like … coffee and … tea.
V. Ask all possible questions:
1. At that moment the postman, looking like a German army officer, came in with the mail.
2. A flight of grey stone steps leads up to the house.
VI. Rewrite the sentences ,using the Possessive case of the nouns:
1 The books of my friends.
2 The teacher of my brother.
3 The new tools of the workers.
4 The handbags of these women.
5 The children of my brother are at home.
VII. Open the brackets:
1. Where you (to be) yesterday?- I (to be) at home the whole day. How strange. I (to ring) you up at two o’clock , but nobody (to answer).- Oh, I (to be) in the garden. I (to read) your book and (not to hear) the telephone.
2. Where (to be) Boris?- He (to play) chess with his friend.
3. Where your brother(to work)?- He (to work) at an Institute.
4. My brother can skate very well. He (to skate) every Sunday.
5. I (to do) it if I (to have) enough time tomorrow.
6. Who (to speak) there? – I ( not to know).
7. I am not sure if she (to come) to see us.
VIII. Translate the text and make 8 questions of different types.
We live in a new 16-storeyed block of flats in Strogino. It’s situated in a very picturesque place not far from the Moskwa River. There’s a big supermarket on the ground floor and it’s very convenient to do everyday shopping.
Our flat is on the fifth floor. It’s very comfortable and well-planned. We have all modern conveniences, such as central heating, electricity, gas, cold and hot running water and a telephone. There are three rooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a hall in our flat. There’s also a balcony and we can enjoy a lovely view of the river.
The largest room in our flat is the living room and we use it as a dining room and as a sitting room. In the middle of the room there is a big table and six chairs round it. Opposite the window there is a wall unit with lots of books, a TV-set and a video cassette recorder. There are two comfortable armchairs and a small coffee table in the right-hand corner. There is also a sofa and an electric fire in our living room. We like the living room best of all, because in the evenings we gather there to have tea, watch TV, talk and rest.
My room is the smallest room in our flat, but it is very cosy and light. There is a bed, a wardrobe, a desk, an armchair and several bookshelves in my room. There is a thick carpet on the floor. The walls in my room are light-brown and there are some big posters on them. I like my room very much, but from time to time I change it round. I quite often move the bed and change the posters on the wall.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)