АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция
ABOUT MY HOME TOWN
- I was born and spent all my life in Luhansk.
- I love it and of course I can’t but mention about my native town.
- Luhansk took its name after the river Luhan, on the banks of which it had been founded more than two hundred years ago.
- We had celebrated the 200th anniversary of Luhansk in 1995.
- The population of our town is about half a million people.
- It has a huge industrial complex of different branches.
- The up-to-date economy has a tendency to the introducing progressive technologies and to the development of the industrial potential.
- Many of Luhansk plants and factories produce a lot of goods of heavy and light industries, which are recognized not only in Ukraine but also in many foreign countries.
- They are locomotives and trams, shoes and clothes, net wear and sweets and many other things.
- The history of Luhansk started in 1795, after the decree on “setting up a foundry” had been issued in Petersburg.
- Our town was destined to become a centre of metallurgy in the south of Russian Empire.
- The cannons of Luhansk foundries thundered under Borodino and at the Sevastopol bastions during the Crimean War.
- By the time of the proletariat revolution of 1917 Luhansk had become a large industrial centre.
- The workers of Luhansk were among the first in the country to seize the power in their hands: soviet power had been proclaimed on the next day after storming the Winter Palace.
- During the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945) our town was greatly destroyed.
- But after it had been liberated in 1943 the plants were reconstructed very fast.
- The history, the present life of Luhansk is reflected in many monuments and museums.
- Our town is an administrative centre of the Luhansk region.
- It is situated on the vast territory of Donbass Steppe, which has the richest deposits of coal.
- So, the silhouettes of the coal-mines pit heaps are the usual sights of our region.
- The names of many prominent people are inseparably connected with our town.
- Vladimir Dal - the famous linguist and writer was born and lived there.
- Karl Gaskoyn - the founder of Luhansk metallurgy.
- There are two theatres and a circus, many sport complexes and stadiums, green parks and beautiful squares. Many colleges and universities teach young people different professions.
- In my opinion, more and more schools require uniforms for many reasons.
- First of all, it has become a tradition.
- Long ago only some people could get education.
- Pupils and students stood out of the crowd with their uniforms.
- At that time every educational institution had its own specific uniform.
- So that you could determine from which the student was.
- Nowadays students don’t always seem to like uniform.
- They say it limits the display of their individuality.
- As for me, I think a. person should show its worth by achievements in studies, sports, work, etc. but not by clothes.
- Clothes can show the standard of living and taste.
- This is not important for children at school.
- Uniform makes children feel the same no matter whether their parents are rich or poor.
- It helps to concentrate on studying and has a good effect on education in general.
- And teachers have an equal attitude to all the pupils.
- Another reason is teenage girls who like to wear defiant clothes.
- It is not appropriate for school.
- Wearing uniform children learn to be disciplined and receive an appropriate mood for studying.
- People of certain professions such as a doctor, a chemist, a worker, etc. have to wear uniforms.
- It is a good thing because it is hygienic as well as safe both for them and for people they work with.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |