A WEEKEND AWAY
A. On Labor Day Weekend Michael and Patty were on vacation. On Saturday they were in North Beach. Everything was terrible.On Sunday they were in South Beach. Everything was wonderful.
Read each sentence and tell where they were.
Example: The motel was old. - North Beach
The chairs were comfortable. - South Beach.
1. The weather was sun and hot. 8. The room was large.
2. The water was dirty. 9. The motel was quiet.
3. The beach was clean. 10. The water was clear.
4. The bed was comfortable. 11. The motel was modern.
5. The towels were clean. 12. The towels were dirty.
6. The weather was cloud and cool. 13. Everything was wonderful.
7. The chairs were uncomfortable. 14. Everything was terrible.
B. Each sentence tells about North Beach. Read it and then tell about South Beach.
Example: In North Beach the weather was cloudy and cool.
In North Beach the weather was cloudy and cool, bur in South Beach the
weather was sunny and hot.
1. In North Beach the beach was dirty.
2. In North Beach the water was dirty.
3. In North Beach the motel was old.
4. In North Beach the motel was noisy.
5. In N orth Beach, the bed was uncomfortable.
6. In North Beach the chairs were uncomfortable.
7. In North Beach the room was small.
8. In North Beach the towels were dirty.
9. In North Beach everything was terrible.
C. Answer these questions about Michael and Patty’s weekend
In North Beach... In South Beach…
1. Was the weather sunny? 8. Was the weather hot?
2. Was it hot? 9. Was the beach clean?
3. Was the beach dirty? 10. Was the water dirty?
4. Was the water clean? 11. Was the motel noisy?
5. Was the bed comfortable? 12. Were the towels clean?
6. Were the towels dirty? 13. Were the chairs comfortable?
7. Were the chairs comfortable? 14. Was the room small?
D. Use the chart. Ask questions and give answers about Michael and Patty’s vacation.
Examples: How was the weather in North Beach? It was cold and cloudy.
How were the chairs in South Beach? They were comfortable.
E. Complete these sentences about the two restaurants in the picture above.
I. In North Beach the food was terrible.
2. In South Beach the food_____________ delicious.
3. In North Beach the service ___________ slow.
4. In South Beach the service ____________ good.
5. In North Beach their table _____________near the window.
6. In South Beach their table _____________near the window.
7. In North Eeach there__________________food on the floor.
8. In South Beach the floor ______________ clean.
9. Patty and Michael ____________________happy with the first restaurant.
10. They _____________________________very happy with the second restaurant.
F. Use the chart. Write ten questions and answers about the weekend.
1. Was the restaurant dirty in South Beach? No, it was not.
G.Put the words in these questions in the correct order. Then, answer the guestions.
Example: 1. was / in / North Beach / How/ the/ sersvice/ ?
How was the service in North Beach? It was slow.
2. South Beach / Where / ? / in / their / was / table
3. /? / weather / in / How / North Beach / was / the
4. unfriendly / was / North Beach / Who /? / in
5. food /? / South Beach / How / in / the / was
6. waiters / were /? / How / South Beach / the / in
7. Where / in / North Beach / table /? / their / was
8. South Beach / in / How / was /? / service / the
9. in /? / Who/ friendly / was / South Beach
10. North Beach / How /? / waiters / in / were / the
H.Read the story. Then complete the questions.
It was Labor Day. Patty and Michael went away from the last weekend of the summer. On Saturday they were in North Beach. Everything was terrible! The weather was cool and cloudy. No one was in the water. The beaches were dirty. There were cups and cans and bottles on the sand and near the garbage cans. Their motel was near a highway, so it was noisy. That evening, the French restaurant near the motel was terrible. Their table was near the kitchen; it was hot and noisy. And the food was awful. Patty said, “I can cook better than this!” Michael was upset with the bill. It was $85. On Sunday Patty and Michael drove to South Beach. Everything was different! The weather was sunny and hot. The beach was sandy and white. Patty and Michael were in the clear water all afternoon. Their motel was on a quiet street near the beach. That evening they were happy with the Mexican restaurant near the motel. Their table was near the window, so they could see the beach. The food was delicious, and the bill was only $32.
Example: 1. Where was the motel on Saturday? In North Beach.
2. How__________________________________? It was noisy.
3. Why__________________________________? Because it was near a highway.
4. Where_________________________________? It was near the kitchen.
5. How__________________________________? It was terrible.
6. How much______________________________? It was $85.
7. When__________________________________? On Sunday.
8. How___________________________________? It was Sunny.
9. Where__________________________________? In the water.
10. Where_________________________________? It was near the window.
11. How___________________________________? It was delicious.
12. How much______________________________? It was $32.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.008 сек.)