|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
D) Choose one of the words to complete the sentences
1. Many students go on to …………… education at university when they finish school.
a) further b) upper c) higher
2. A lot of people return to education when they are adults. These ………….. students are often more motivated than their younger counterparts.
a) mature b) developed c) advanced
3. Numeracy (the ability to do calculations and understand simple mathematics), and …………… (the ability to read and write), are basic skills that we learn from an early age.
a) literacy b) literary c) literally
4. In Britain, education is …………… between the ages of 5 and 16: children between these ages must go to school.
a) optional b) compulsory c) voluntary
5. An increasing number of young people are leaving school without any formal …………….
a) qualifications b) qualifiers c) qualities
6. What …………… are you studying at university?
a) object b) topic c) subject
7. Governments should provide university students with a …………… to help them pay for their education.
a) free b) fare c) grant
8. Before you join a course at a college or university, you first need to ………….. .
a) engage b) enroll c) enlist
9. I believe that the main aim of education should be to help us learn new ………….. .
a) abilities b) tasks c) skills
10. After three years at university, most students …………… with a degree in their chosen subject.
a) proceed b) advance c) graduate
Intercultural communication is very important part of modern world. This term can be explained as a way of how people from different countries and cultures act, communicate and perceive the world around them.
Read a short article about one of the best world-known sign «okay!» and try to find the decision of the curious situation given below.
The Ring or «OK», this gesture was popularized in the USA during the early nineteenth century, apparently by the newspapers that, at the time, were starting a craze of using initials to shorten common phrases.
There are many different views about what the initials «OK» stand for, some believing it stood for «all correct» while others say that it means the opposite of «knock-out» that is, K.O. Another popular theory is that it is an abbreviation of «Old Kinderhook», from the birthplace of a nineteenth century American president who used the initials as a campaign slogan.
Which theory is the correct one we may never know, but it seems that the ring itself represents the letter «O» in the «OK» signal. The - «OK» meaning is common to all English-speaking countries and, although its meaning is fast spreading across Europe and Asia, it has other origins and meanings in certain places. For example, in France it also means «zero» or «nothing»; in Japan it can mean «money»; in some Mediterranean countries it is an orifice signal, often used to infer that a man is homosexual.
You have come to the USA using the exchange program. One day you invited to a lunch one beautiful French girl. You were discussing your enter the university when suddenly you used sign «okay» to say that you had coped with your entrance exams perfect. But the girl understood your sign wrong. She decided that you fell your entrance exams. Try to explain to the girl this misunderstanding.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.004 сек.)