|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
B) Make up your own sentences with them
Exercise 4. Read the following word-combinations and translate them:
To be admitted to the hospital, in-patient and outpatient department, to fill in a case history, to make an initial diagnosis, to estimate the initial findings, different procedures, overdosage of a drug, to cause death, to make the daily rounds of wards, to take the patient's temperature, to give intravenous and intramuscular injections, to take an electrocardiogram.
Exercise 5. Read and translate the text:
Hospital is a special medical institution that is aimed at treatment and prevention of various diseases and protection of people’s health.
When patients are admitted to the hospital first of all they are received by a nurse on duty at the reception ward.
Those patients who are to be hospitalized have already received the direction from the polyclinic. The nurse on duty fills in patients' case histories in which she writes down their names, age, place of work, occupation, address and the initial diagnosis made by a doctor at the polyclinic.
Then a doctor on duty examines the hospitalized patients and gives his instructions what department and wards the patients are to be admitted to.
At the in-patient departments of a hospital life begins early in the morning. The nurse on duty takes the patients' temperature, gives them intramuscular and intravenous injections or sets a dropper if administered before, takes stomach juice for analysis. Besides, she leads the patients to different procedures such as gastroscopy or ultrasound of the abdominal cavity organs that are usually carried out on an empty stomach. The nurse also gives all the prescribed remedies in the doses indicated by the ward doctors.
The nurses keep all the drugs in special drug cabinets. All the drugs have special labels. The names of drugs are indicated on them. Patients are not allowed to take the medicines themselves because some drugs are poisonous, the overdosage of some other drugs may cause unfavourable reactions and even death.
At about nine o'clock in the morning the doctors begin the daily rounds of the wards during which they examine all the patients. After the medical examination the doctors administer the patients different procedures: electrocardiograms are taken, laboratory analyses of blood, urine and gastric juice are made, gastroscopy and ultrasound are carried out. Some patients are administered a bed regimen, others are allowed to walk; some are to follow a diet to relieve stomachache or prevent unfavourable results in case of stomach troubles. All the doctors always treat the patients with great attention and care. There is no doubt that such a hearty attitude of the doctors to the patients helps much in their recovery.
Exercise 6. Answer the questions:
1. Who and where are the patients received by when admitted to the hospital?
2. What do patients receive from the polyclinic when it’s necessary to hospitalize them?
3. What is usually written in a patient’s case history?
4. What does a doctor decide concerning the patient?
5. What are the duties of a nurse?
6. Where are the drugs usually kept at hospital?
7. Why aren’t patients allowed to take the medicines themselves?
8 What procedures can be administered to a patient?
Exercise 7. Find the English equivalents to the word-combinations given below:
Потрапити до лікарні, ставити крапельницю, оглядати госпіталізованих хворих, в стаціонарі, амбулаторне відділення, отримати направлення з поліклініки, заповнювати історії хвороб, натщесерце, брати шлунковий сік на аналіз, палатний лікар, ультразвукове дослідження органів черевної порожнини, приймати прописані ліки, спеціалізовані шафи для ліків, викликати несприятливі реакції, назначати різні процедури, знімати біль у шлунку, щире ставлення до хворих.
Exercise 8. Match the term with its definition:
Exercise 9. Fill in the gaps paying attention to the prepositions. Translate sentences into Ukrainian:
1. When admitted … the hospital, a patient needs the direction … the polyclinic.
2. The life … the in-patient department begins … nine o’clock … the morning.
3. There is always a nurse … duty … the reception ward.
4. … case of stomach troubles you should follow … a strict diet.
5. Doctors fill … their patients’ case-histories every day.
6. The initial diagnosis made … the doctor was flu.
7. The gastroscopy is the procedure carried out … an empty stomach.
8. In the future I’d like to work … the surgical department.
Exercise 10. Put general and alternative questions to the following sentences:
Model:This doctor is the best specialist at our hospital.
Is this doctor the best specialist at our hospital? (General question)
Is this doctor the best or the worst specialist at our hospital? (Alternative question)
He treats all his patients with great care.
Does he treat all his patients with great care? (General question)
Does he or she treat all his patients with great care? (Alternative question)
1. The vessels carry blood.
2. She had a cold two weeks ago.
3. The head consists of two parts.
4. Hippocrates described epilepsy in children.
5. Minerals are subdivided into several classes.
6. Pirogov used anaesthesia during his operations.
7. The lecture will be delivered to students on Monday.
8. There are usually two departments in a large chemist’s.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.01 сек.)