|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Exercise 13. Compare the health service in Great Britain and in the USA with that in Ukraine
Exercise 14. A) Write the sentences in Passive. Translate:
1. The American doctor receives pay directly from a patient.
2. The federal government finances a number of hospitals.
3. Businesses must offer health insurance to the employees.
4. The X-ray examination confirmed the diagnosis.
5. President Barack Obama signed into law The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act in 2010.
6.The Americans call the new program Obamacare.
B) Write the sentences in Active. Translate:
1. Dental service is paid by the patients both in Great Britain and the USA.
2. The patients are examined and treated by highly qualified specialists.
3. When professional consultation is needed the family doctor arranges for the specialist.
4. The results of experiments were discussed by the scientists.
5. Each type of diseases is treated by specially trained specialists.
6.The students will be asked on the structure of health service in Great Britain next class.
Exercise 15. Use the appropriate article where it is necessary. Explain your choice:
1. The health service in … USA is different from that in … Ukraine.
2. They are … practicing psychologists.
3. I live in … hostel. … hostel is new.
4. … price of medications keeps rising.
5. He told me about the training of physicians in … United Kingdom.
6. They did not study … Literature. I study … Anatomy and … Physiology.
7. Please wait for … hour for the test results.
8.They were admitted to the hospital … last night.
Exercise 16. Put questions to the underlined words:
1. There are more than 150 health centers in the UK.
2. In big towns there are some private hospitals called “nursing homes”.
3. Each doctor decides for himself how many patients he can examine for an hour.
4. The National Health Service Act was introduced into practice in 1948.
5. He decided to become a surgeon at the age of twenty-four.
6. Free emergency medical treatment is given to any visitor from abroad.
7. All citizens must be provided with effective health services.
8.Nurses are in close contact with patients as long as they are in hospital.
Exercise 17. Open the brackets. Translate:
1. Many dangerous diseases (to cause) by viruses.
2. This 80-year-old lady (to have) a very serious car accident two days ago.
3. I think the patient (to examine) by the neurologist at 9.00 tomorrow.
4. General practitioners (to provide) the primary medical service in Great Britain.
5. Penicillin (to discover) in 1928 by Alexander Fleming.
6. The centre of British commerce and finance, legal system and press (to be) London, the capital.
7. She (to carry out) laboratory studies with her assistants now.
8. The patient (to suffer) from headaches last year.
Exercise 18. Put the sentences into the correct order to explain health service in Great Britain and the USA”:
___The Health Care System in the USA is organized in three levels: family doctor, the medical institution or hospital and the US Public Health Service.
___NHS provides free medical treatment both in hospitals and outside.
___Most medical treatment in Great Britain is free but charges are made for drugs, spectacles, and dental care.
___The cost of medical care in the USA is very high. Most of the population (75%) have their health insurance, life insurance, disability protection and retirement benefits at their place of employment.
___NHS consists of three main parts: the general practitioner (including dental) services; the hospital and specialist service; local health authorities services.
Завдання для самостійної роботи студентів (СРС)
Exercise 1. Topic vocabulary:
Exercise 2. Pronounce the following words correctly:
WHO[´dΛbl´eit∫´əu], Geneva [dʒi'ni:və], Switzerland [´switsələnd], HIV [´eit∫´ai´vi:], AIDS [eidz]
Exercise 3. Guess the meaning of the following words without using a dictionary:
International, agency, organization, constitution, campaign, malaria, tuberculosis, poliomyelitis, service, information, viral, quarantine, stage, neonatal period, national, to inform, port, airport, statistics, standardization.
Exercise 4. a) Read the word combinations and translate them:
Service: adequate service, excellent service, poor service, to support service, public service, vital service
Nutrition: balanced nutrition, proper nutrition, adequate nutrition, to improve nutrition, nutrition program
Research: detailed research, extensive research, basic research, future research, laboratory research, previous research
Condition: excellent condition, terrible condition, stable condition, mental condition, physical condition, the condition got worse
b) Make up short sentences using the above given word combinations:
Exercise 5. Translate the following word combinations:
Impressive record; to pursue the main aim virulent diseases remarkable success epidemic warning outbreak of viral disease international quarantine measures world health statistics international standardization of medicines and vaccines; medical research program; current priority; communicable diseases; reproductive health; food security; occupational health; key stages of life; permanent health services; environmental conditions; legislative supreme decision-making body; to eradicate completely; substance abuse; long-term task.
Exercise 6. Translate the sentences paying attention to the use of the Passive voice:
1. New experimental findings were established by this scientist.
2. Blood for transfusion is taken from a healthy person.
3. New analyses will be made tomorrow.
4. Impressive record in the battle against some virulent diseases were achieved by WHO.
5. The temperature is taken by the nurses regularly.
6. The 1st year-students are taught basic theoretical subjects.
7. Both children were cured by the doctor froma dangerous disease.
8. The patient was examined by different specialists several times.
Exercise 7. Read and translate the text:
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.008 сек.)