|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Complete these sentences using the correct form of one of the words above. Make sentences of your own to show that you understand the difference in their meaning
1. She bought this coat in the sales for a very good … .
2. I thought this bracelet was made of gold, but it turned out to be … .
3. Will the … of my property go down if they build a plant nearby?
4. This dress was a real bargain; it only … me $20.
5. The … of keeping a person in prison for a year is enormous.
6. I’ll send you a cheque to cover the … for the stamps.
7. That shop was always empty because the … were too high.
8. In London the … of living is very expensive.
9. That ring has great … .
10. That new magazine is certainly … the money.
11. Gold coins are … .
12. His offering … for the apartment was $150,000.
13. We wanted to invest in a new production facility but the … was prohibitive.
14. It … a lot to buy real estate in London.
15. Returned goods can be exchanged for goods of an equivalent … .
Exercises in Comprehension
Ex.1. Answer the following questions:
1. What are costs?
2. Do different businesses have similar cost structures?
3. How can the costs be classified?
4. What are fixed costs?
5. Do variable costs remain unchanged whatever the level of output?
6. What are direct costs related to?
7. What do indirect costs include?
8. What do overheads mean?
9. What are assets?
10. How are fixed assets distinguished from current assets?
11. What are liabilities?
12. How are liabilities classified?
13. What is the difference between long-term liabilities and current liabilities?
Ex.2. Choose the correct variant.
1. the salary of an Accounts Manager (fixed/variable costs)
2. rent and heating (fixed/variable costs)
3. running a business (direct/overhead costs)
4. materials used in making some goods (indirect/variable costs)
Ex.3. Sum up what you remember about:
Ex.1. Rewrite these sentences, changing the direct speech to reported speech.
1. “Who has just dropped a $ 10 note?” I asked.
2. “What happened to your partner?” asked one of the men.
3. “Why do the prices go up so often?” she wondered.
4. “Have you got a work permit?” Ann wanted to know.
5. “Are you interested in advertising?” asked Mary.
6. “Would you like to join our company?” she said.
7. “Are you leaving today or tomorrow morning?” asked his secretary.
8. “Don’t watch late-night horror movies”, I warned them
9. “Read the contract before you sign it,” he said to his client.
10. “Buy a new car,” I advised him.
11. “Don’t drive so fast,” she begged him.
12. “Don’t wait till tomorrow,” said the advertisement.
13. “Could you translate this for me, please?” I asked the agent.
14. “Could I have the weekend off?” she asked her boss.
15. “Would you mind paying cash?” said the salesgirl when he took out his cheque-book.
16. “Why don’t you trust her?” I asked Mary.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)