|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Agree or disagree with the following statements, using the strategies of speaking. Give additional information to prove your agreement or disagreement. Use the model
Strategies of speaking:
Agreement: You are right. I quite agree with you. I think so.
Disagreement: Sorry, you are wrong. I don’t agree with you. I don’t think so. You are mistaken.
Model: – You always waste your time.
– Sorry, you are wrong. I remember that the lost time is never gained so I don’t waste time.
1. Every day you have much work to do.
2. Usually you get up at 9 a.m.
3. You always go to the University by tram.
4. It is necessary to know some foreign language.
5. It takes you not more than 10 minutes to do your homework.
6. Your dream has come true.
7. You are never late.
8. Right after classes you always go to the library.
9. You attend all lectures and practical classes.
10. You have no breaks between classes.
11. You try to do your morning exercises.
5. Try to find out the details about your partner's working day by asking the questions to which the following statements are the answers:
– Когда ты обычно встаешь? – Generally at 7 o’clock in the morning.
– Ты делаешь зарядку? – Of course, I do. That is what I begin with.
– Что ты делаешь после зарядки? – I wash, make my bed and dress.
– В какое время ты завтракаешь? – Usually at about 8.
– А где ты завтракаешь? – As a rule, I have my breakfast at our canteen.
– Когда ты уходишь на занятия? – Right after breakfast, at 8.15 a.m.
– Как ты добираешься до университета? – I usually take a trolley-bus.
– Сколько времени у тебя уходит, чтобы добраться туда? – About half an hour.
– Когда начинаются твои занятия? – At 9 o’clock.
6. Read and act out the dialogue:
Oleg: What time do you get up on week-days?
Dima: I generally get up at seven o’clock.
Oleg: Why so early?
Dima: Because I have a lot of things to do before I leave for the University.
Oleg: Do you do your morning exercises regularly?
Dima: Yes, that’s what I begin with as a rule. Then comes the usual procedure of making my bed, washing and so on.
Oleg: Do you take a bath every morning?
Dima: No, I don’t. As a matter of fact I hardly ever take a bath in the morning. I prefer taking a shower. Then I clean my teeth, comb my hair and get dressed.
Oleg: Who makes your breakfast for you?
Dima: If my mother is not up yet, I make my breakfast myself. If my mother is up, she does. After breakfast I usually help mother to clean up.
Oleg: Good for you. And when do you leave home?
Dima: Usually at half past eight, as it takes me about twenty minutes to get to the University.
Oleg: Do you walk to the University or do you take a trolley-bus?
Dima: I always take a trolley-bus in the morning. But after classes I sometimes go on foot.
Oleg: You go home right after classes, don’t you?
Dima: Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don’t. If I can prepare for the next day’s classes at home, I go straight home. If I haven’t got necessary books and journals at home, I go to the library.
7. Describe how your friend starts his/ her working day, using the prompts:
To be an early riser; to get up early/ late; to wake up at…; to take a shower; to dress; to make one’s bed; to have breakfast; to be in a hurry; to have no free time; to waste time; to do morning exercises; a heavy sleeper.
Just for fun
1. Read, translate and roleplay the conversations:
Student: Professor, I can’t go to class today.
Professor: Why can’t you go?
Student: I don’t feel well.
Professor: Where don’t you feel well?
Student: In class.
Mother: It’s nine o’clock and you are not in bed yet. What will father say when he comes home?
Henry: He’ll say: «Supper! Supper! What’s for supper?»
2. Find 18 verbs based on the topic. They are arranged in two directions:
3. Read the text and translate it using a dictionary:
A COUСH POTATO
Forty-three-year-old Brian Blakey from Birmingham is sitting on his sofa and telling me about his perfect day.
When I wake up I don’t get up immediately. I turn on the television and watch the children’s programs and old movies until about half-past ten.
Then I get up, go downstairs and switch on the telly. For lunch, I have biscuits and a glass of milk, and I watch the news. In the afternoon, I often watch another old film – they’re showing some good ones at the moment.
In the evenings, I often watch soap operas or sport and the news again.
I like the main news at six o’clock. At nine thirty, if there is a good play on BBC2, I switch over and watch it. Then at night I watch more films and I usually switch off the telly at about two o’clock. I never watch the TV all night.
I watch TV for sixteen or seventeen hours a day. I also do some exercise every day. I take Tina, the dog, for a walk every afternoon. I don’t go far, of course. I walk to the wall outside my house. I always take my portable telly and I sit on the wall while the dog walks round in a circle.
Of course, I couldn’t live this lifestyle without a good wife. She’s not here now because she’s working, but she always makes my meals. We haven’t got much money, you know, but we’re happy. Sit down, watch the telly – you’ve got the world at your feet. And in your hand. Great!
4. Answer the question and prove your point of view:
Would you live this lifestyle?
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.007 сек.)