|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.6. Match the nouns in the left-hand column with the verbs in the right-hand column
Ex.7. Look at the words and phrases in the box. Match them with the correct definition from the list below.
1. a plastic card, issued by a bank or finance company, which guarantees that payment for goods or services will be made to the seller by the card issuer. The cardholder then makes payment to the card issuer at a later date;
2. an agreement in which money is lent by a bank or a building society, etc. for buying a house or another property. The property acts as the security, it can be reclaimed by the lender if the mortgage payments are not made;
3. a loan made by a bank to a customer so he/she may take out more money than is actually in a bank account;
4. a system of making payments by having money transferred from an account;
5. a customer’s instruction to a bank to pay a certain amount to another person or organization at regular intervals;
6. a method of guarding against injury, loss or damage to property by paying a sum of money to an insurance company;
7. the amount that one must pay for a loan;
8. to enter new types of businesses.
Ex.8. Write the appropriate word or phrase in the following spaces. Translate the sentences into Ukrainian.
1. It’s very convenient to pay by … .
2. My account allows me to pay insurance by … .
3. We make monthly payments on our house … .
4. I must pay off my … .
5. The rent is paid by … .
6. For …, you should make an appointment with one of our specialist advisers.
7. I’d like to take out … on a house.
8. Most Ukrainian banks offer a … service, dealing in all major currencies.
9. You’ll find all information about … services in our bank’s website.
10. Many banks have … to reduce the chance of a big loss.
Ex.9. Fill in the missing prepositions and adverbs.
A mortgage is a type … finance used … individuals to purchase property. A loan is made … a building society, bank or insurance company, covering a proportion … the purchase price … that property to be paid … over a set period … time (often 25 years). The institutions making that loan retain ownership … the property as security … the loan until the loan is repaid.
(of (5), by (2), back, for)
Exercises in Comprehension
Ex.1. Answer the following questions:
1. Whom do modern banks offer their services?
2. Does the service menu of banks remain unchanged?
3. What does the credit card enable the holder?
4. What is a loan?
5. What is a mortgage?
6. What is an overdraft?
7. What is the difference between a loan and an overdraft?
8. What other services except credit facilities do banks offer to their customers?
9. What is direct debit?
10. What kind of arrangement is a standing order?
11. What is meant by “a foreign exchange service”?
12. What new services have appeared in the banks as a result of their diversification?
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)