|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.3. Sum up what the text says about business organizations and the economy
Ex.1. Choose the correct variant
1. He became/was becoming a very rich man when he was just 25.
2. The weather was terrible, it rained/was raining the whole day.
3. While Maria was writing the report, Henry looked/was looking for more information.
4. At 7 o’clock this morning she studied/was studying.
5. The student was reading a magazine while the professor spoke/was speaking.
6. Henry ate/was eating a snack at midnight last night.
7. It snowed/was snowing heavily when he was waking up/woke up.
8. He often borrowed/was borrowing from me when we were students.
9. When he was young he was going/went swimming every Sunday.
10. When I was shopping in Richmond Street I saw/was seeing a car accident.
11. I talked/was talking to my boss when you rang.
12. Last year they were dividing/divided their business into two.
Ex.2. Complete these sentences using the correct form (Past Simple or Past Continuous) of the verbs in brackets.
1. While my brother (study) for his exam, I (translate) a newspaper article into Ukrainian.
2. Tom (write) a letter to his family when his pencil (break).
3. When I (clean) the house, I (find) some old letters.
4. The doorbell (ring) while I (have) a bath.
5. They (build) a new bank when I (be) there last year.
6. My friend (own) this company but the state (buy) it and (bring) into public sector.
7. I (phone) my parents when the door bell (ring).
8. We (not hear) the phone because we (sing).
9. During his visit to Switzerland he (go) skiing every weekend.
10. While he (watch) television he (hear) a loud cry for help.
11. They (establish) the company in the 1990s.
12. When the phone rang, I (talk) to a client.
Ex.3. True or false? Correct where necessary.
1. As a child I never was staying up later than ten o’clock.
2. He was probably working in the office when we rang.
3. She talked to someone on the phone when I came.
4. I tried to learn the rule while someone outside played the guitar.
5. French hypermarket companies were beginning their operations in the Spanish retail sector.
6. Public sector pay was rising by only 3 per cent last year.
7. Analysts predicted continued growth in the service sector last month.
8. Many people in the private sector were having to take very low pay increase last year.
9. With a degree in business studies, she was hoping to find work in a multinational corporation.
10. In an effort to improve its image, the company launched a new public relations campaign.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)