|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.3. Indicate whether each of the following statements is true or false
1. A barter system is a system of exchange in which goods or services are traded directly for other goods and services.
2. Primitive societies use the barter system to exchange goods and services.
3. Whale’s teeth were once used as a medium of exchange.
4. Money is a common denominator that is used to compare products for purchase.
5. Spending money on a new car is an example of how money represents a store of value.
6. Stored money is protected from inflation.
7. When money retains its value over time, it has stability.
8. Exchanging goods for goods is called a measure of value.
Ex.4. Sum up what you remember about money:
a) as a medium of exchange;
b) as a measure of value;
c) as a store of value.
GRAMMAR PROGRESS TEST IV (MODAL VERBS)
Ex.1. Complete each sentence so that it contains can, must, should, have to, could, may, ought to (including negative forms).
1. You _____ worry about your promotion.
2. You ______ to come in early tomorrow.
3. He is always buying useless things. He _____ make a lot of money.
4. You ______ realise that the company is in serious trouble.
5. Applications ______ be sent before 1 September.
6. All managers _______ report to the Director who is responsible for making decisions.
7. You ______ give up smoking.
8. I think we ______ pay in advance.
9. You ______ disturb the manager while he is working.
10. ______ I use your phone?
11. ______ I stop work early today?
12. ______ I pay him tomorrow?
13. Before you travel to Great Britain, you ______ get a visa.
14. Mary isn’t here. She ______ be drinking coffee in the canteen.
15. You ______ record this interview on tape.
16. You ______ telephone from my office.
17. I _______ buy a fresh newspaper. The boss asked me to get one.
18. She ______ understand what he was doing.
19. This ______ be right. He has certainly made a mistake in translation.
20. She ______ get a rise in salary this month but I am not certain.
21. You _____ work better if you want to finish this work on time.
22. Your manager was very kind to me. I ______ write him a letter of thanks.
23. You ______ do it now, it can wait till later.
24. He _______ pass a special exam to be a CPA.
25. He ______ pay in cash because he had left his credit card in the office.
Ex.2. Complete the sentences with should have …, could have …, may have …, may not have …, needn’t have …, can’t have …, shouldn’t have …,
1. You ____ been here a week ago.
2. He ____ signed that contract. He was on business trip last week.
3. If she needed money, she _____ asked me.
4. “Where is the secretary?” “I don’t know. She _____ gone home.”
5. He ______ got a new job. I’ll phone him tonight.
6. She hasn’t come. But she _____ got your message.
7. You _____ made that speech in front of an audience; nobody appreciated it.
8. You really ______ informed your employer of those changes!
9. The delegation ______ arrived yet.
10. You _____ warned him. Why didn’t you?
11. He _____ spoken to the Personal Manager. I’ve already spoken to him.
12. You ______ bought that house.
13. I _____ borrowed him money. It was my mistake.
14. He ______ invested all the money. I am sure he hasn’t.
Speech and Discussion
Ex.1. Discuss with your groupmates the functions of money. Do you feel it is the best means of exchange? Why or why not?
Ex.2. Speak about your attitude to money. Do you spend all your money? Do you save any money?
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.006 сек.)