|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.3. Complete the sentences below by choosing the correct alternative of the two given in brackets
1. The letter contained very … useful information. (few/little)
2. He has got so … money that everyone envies him. (much/many)
3. … prices rose during the second half of month. (most/less)
4. The speaker was given very … time. (few/little)
5. We had to learn … information. (much/many)
6. This new encyclopedia contains … knowledge. (much/many)
7. You’ve heard so … news that you know everything about this event. (many/much)
8. She’s made … progress this year. (many/much)
9. We have … time before the end of the meeting. (few/little)
10. How … times have you seen this film? (much/many)
11. How … money have you got? (many/much)
12. We need … data before we make a final decision. (much/many)
Speech and Discussion
Ex.1. Speak about the role of computers in the business world.
Ex.2. Discuss with your groupmates the Pros and Cons of using computers.
Ex.3. What computer and software companies do you know? Were some of them created in Ukraine?
Ex.4. You have just discovered that your new computer program has a bug in it. What are you going to do?
Ex.5. Familiarize yourself with the following idioms, consult your dictionary and translate the sentences into Ukrainian. Think of situations where you could of them.
1. First, he lost a lot of money in the stock market, and then when his house burned down, that really cooked his goose.
2. He makes unnecessary mistakes and leaves himself wide open to being fired.
3. That college admits only the cream of the crop of high school students.
4. He fired one employee after another and each time cried crocodile tears about having to do so.
5. He wheels and deals in selling used cars.
Ex.6. Comment on the following:
“Man’s character is his fate”
Text: Internet. WWW.
Grammar: Either … or; both … and; neither … nor.
Terms to remember:
The Internet opens up vast resources and business opportunities for millions of users around the world and makes communication the easiest it has ever been.
The Internet is a worldwide network of computers, holding vast quantities of data that you can access directly from a PC.
An intranet is a network which uses the same technology as the Internet. However, an intranet is private, and can only be accessed by a particular group of people who have permission to look at the intranet pages. Intranets are often used in business and educational contexts.
A piece of software called a browser is needed to access the Internet. Once you are connected, you can surf the Net i.e. move from one place the another, looking for information on the Internet. If you find something of interest you can download it, i.e. copy a file from an online service to your computer.
The World Wide Web, also referred to as the Web (WWW), is considered by many users to be the most exciting aspect of the Internet. It is a universe of pages containing text, images, sounds, and video clips. The pages of the Web cover a vast range of topics, presented in an attractive, interesting, and easily accessible form.
The information on the Web is displayed in websites. A website can consist of one or many web pages. Websites are written in HTML, a special programming language.
Exercises in Word Study
Ex.1. Form adjectives from the following nouns:
technology, privacy, education, excitement, attraction, interest, access.
Ex.2. Give the English for:
величезні ресурси; всесвітня мережа; велика кількість даних; мати дозвіл; мова програмування; веб-сторінка; в легко доступній формі; мандрувати по мережі в пошуках інформації.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.006 сек.)