|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.7. Write the appropriate word or phrase in the following spaces. Translate the sentences into Ukrainian
1. The main international … are based in the USA, Japan, and the UK.
2. The Euro was stronger than the dollar on the … market yesterday.
3. Borrowers are encouraged to take out loans while … are low.
4. I’ll ask my … to sell these shares for us.
5. … try to predict changes in share prices.
6. Companies sell … to raise money.
7. Her company buys and sells … .
8. The … on a car loan is 10 %.
9. … are wholesalers of shares who keep supplies of the shares in which they deal, making a continuous market for buyers and sellers.
10. Brokers … on stock exchanges.
Ex.8. Fill in the missing prepositions.
When companies are first listed … the Stock Exchange, their shares are issued, or floated, … a price normally determined … the company. Existing companies which are already listed may issue new shares if they need more capital. The issue … new shares is known as the “primary” market.
The “secondary” market is where shares are bought and sold once they have been issued. Prices are determined … the operation … the basic economic laws … supply and demand.
If investors were unable to realise their assets … selling their shares … the secondary market they would be reluctant to invest … companies. … turn, companies would be deprived … a major source … capital. … these reasons there are stock exchanges … most countries … market economies.
(with, in (3), for, of (5), on (2), by (3), at)
Exercises in Comprehension
Ex.1. Answer the following questions:
1. What can be traded in financial centers?
2. What is a commodity market?
3. What is the stock market sensitive to?
4. What do stock exchanges exist for?
5. What do stock exchanges provide?
6. Who are the main operators on the market?
7. Who do market-makers sell to?
8. What are securities?
9. What is a bull market?
10. When do people talk about a bear market?
Ex.2. Sum up what you remember about:
a) things traded in financial centres;
b) stock exchanges;
c) market-makers and stockbrokers;
e) bull market and bear market.
Ex.1. Finish these sentences using the second conditional.
1. If I passed my English exam, … .
2. If my friend got promotion, … .
3. If he listened to my advice, … .
4. If he invested in government bonds, … .
5. If I were you, … .
6. If the customer complained, … .
7. If you knew him better, … .
8. If I could help you, … .
9. If she were present, … .
10. If you didn’t ask me any questions, … .
11. If he took better care of his health, … .
12. If I saw it with my own eyes, … .
13. If I were sacked, … .
14. If the government raised taxes, … .
15. If you were introduced to the Managing Director, … .
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)