|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Clustering. Transfer this boxed subject onto your notebook page. Write related ideas, box them and connect them with lines to your subject and to each other
11. Using some of your ideas get ready to write an opinion essay about the most useless invention of the XX century. Such an essay is piece of writing that requires your opinion on a topic, which must be stated clearly, giving various viewpoints on the topic supported by reasons and/or examples. You should also include the opposing viewpoint in another paragraph.
A successful opinion essay should have:
An introductory paragraph in which you state the topic and your opinion.
2) a main body which consists of several paragraphs, each presenting
A conclusion in which you restate your opinion using different words.
Here are some useful expressions for giving opinions:
1. To my mind/To my way of thinking,...
2. It is my (firm) belief/opinion/view/conviction (that)...
3. In my opinion/view...
4. My opinion is that,
5. I (firmly) believe...
6. I (definitely) feel/think that...
7. I am (not) convinced that...
8. I am inclined to believe that...
9. I (do not) agree that/with...
10. It seems/appears to me...
Now write the essay and be ready to read it in class.
Work in small groups. Do a bit of brainstorming and come up with an idea for an invention — the one that could change the world. Prepare a careful description and use some bits of exaggeration here and there. Make it part of your presentation on Inventions Fair. Hopefully, some day some of those might become a reality !
Everyone living is a unique human being. Yet there are some among us who are “more unique” than others. They have been called differently throughout the centuries. Perhaps, child prodigies have gained the greatest attention. Salinger paid his to the problem of being very different from everybody else. It seems that being unlike others is not an altogether happy situation. After reading the story, we might understand it even better.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.004 сек.)