|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.9. Look at the words and phrases in the box. Match them with the correct definition from the list below
2. a means of payment, esp. coins and banknotes, given and accepted in buying and selling;
3. a means for retaining and accumulating wealth;
4. a single standard or “yardstick” that is used to assign values to, and compare the values of products and resources;
5. anything that is accepted as payment for products and resources;
6. the recording of all money received into and paid out of a company in a book or on a computer file;
7. the worth of something in terms of the money or goods for which it can be exchanged;
8. a large amount of money, goods or property.
Ex.10. Write the appropriate word or phrase in the following spaces. Translate the sentences into Ukrainian.
1. Our central aim is to make … .
2. Credit cards and cheques are increasingly used as … .
3. Returned goods can be exchanged for goods of an equivalent … .
4. You will be given a higher salary in … for doing a more responsible job.
5. I … my business partner completely.
6. She … most of her parents’ property, but some went to her children.
7. My savings are … interest.
8. A 10% profit after taxes is widely seen as … for making money in a business.
9. One of the most important … of my job is to see that goods are delivered on time.
10. He … $200 to fix his car.
Ex.11. Below are some of the most common terms used to describe different types of wrongdoing. Translate them into Ukrainian and match these types of wrongdoing to their definitions.
Ex.12. Fill in the missing prepositions.
He has tricked people out … their money all his life. He was sacked … his first job when he swindled one … his customers … making him pay the bill three times. He lost his second job when he defrauded his company … several thousand pounds which went straight … his bank account. The end came when he tried to bribe a police officer … offering him a gold watch. … court the judge fined him a large sum … money and sent him … prison … several years.
(of (4), from, by (2), into, in, to, for)
Notes: to trick a person out of his money – видурити у когось гроші
to swindle – обманювати; обдурювати
to defraud – обманювати; відбирати (обманом)
to bribe – пропонувати хабар; підкупити
to fine – штрафувати
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.004 сек.)