|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.2. Open the brackets, using the Passive Voice
1. Payment (make) in the local bank last week.
2. Special training (give) to new employees in our company.
3. Taxes (raise) now.
4. The project just (complete).
5. This new product (develop) by the end of the month.
6. A lot of the ideas for new products (provide) by customers.
7. My friend just (promote).
8. A decision already (make) when he came.
9. Every product (check) for quality.
10. Nothing (do) since we left the office.
11. The first branch of our bank (open) in 2000.
12. New marketing strategy (develop) now.
13. I (ask) to do a lot of extra work at the moment.
14. Most of the top managers (fire) after the takeover.
15. The company's German subsidiary (sell) by the end of the year.
Speech and Discussion
Ex.1. Describe what a product is and how products are classified.
Ex.2. What is the difference between goods and services? Give some familiar examples of each.
Ex.3. Discuss with your groupmates what firms should do to succeed in business.
Ex.4. Familiarize yourself with the following idioms. Consult your dictionary and translate the sentences into Ukrainian. Think of situations where you could use them.
1. My manager has given me yeoman service for many years. I shall be sorry to lose him.
2. If you want to get to the top of the ladder, you must work like a demon.
3. I would like the job he is advertising. When you see him tomorrow, can you put in a good word for me?
4. You can rely on my promise, even though it is not in writing. My word is my bond.
5. At the interview, Jack played his cards well by trying to show how he could be useful to the company.
Ex.5. Comment on the proverb:
“If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.”
Grammar: The Sequence of Tenses
Terms to remember:
Marketing involves analysing and understanding customer demand in order to enable the company to provide the most appropriate products and services.
A company’s approach to achieving its marketing objectives is called marketing strategy.
The various factors a company must take into consideration when developing its marketing objectives are referred to as marketing mix. The marketing mix is often summarized as the so-called four P’s: product, price, place, promotion: what to sell, to whom, where, and with what support.
Product can be defined as goods or service that you are marketing and includes its design, quality and reliability.
Price refers to how much money a company charges for its products. The marketing view of pricing involves considering the value of a product, the volume of sales required.
Place refers to distribution, that is, how and where the product is made available to customers.
Promotion means presenting the product to the customer. Promotion involves considering the packaging and presentation of the product, its image, the product name, advertising.
Exercises in Word Study
Ex.1. Form nouns from the following verbs:
involve, analyse, provide, achieve, consider, summarize, pay, distribute, present.
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)