|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Ex.5. Match the nouns in the left hand column with the verbs in the right hand column
Ex.6. Look at the words and phrases in the box. Match them with the correct definition from the list below.
1. a situation in which a worker agrees to give up his/her job;
2. to give up a job or position;
3. to stop work, esp. because of age;
4. the act of bringing something to an end;
5. moving a person or an organization from one place to another;
6. to remove an employee from a job or position;
7. a payment made to an employee as a compensation for the loss of a job;
8. to get money by working;
9. to leave a job at an earlier age;
10. without a job; idle.
Ex.7. Write the appropriate word or phrase in the following spaces. Translate the sentences into Ukrainian.
1. She decided to take … rather than a cut in pay.
2. She has … from her post as marketing manager.
3. He was asked … when the fraud was discovered.
4. He … from the bank after 30 years service.
5. The usual age of … is 60.
6. The bank clerk was … for dishonesty.
7. Over 500 steel workers face … .
8. A slump in business has led to the … of many factories.
9. The merger will result in … .
10. If he is late again he will get … .
11. The employee protested against the reason for his … .
12. The company has … a section of its employees.
13. My friend was … from her job yesterday.
Ex.8. Divide the words and word combinations in the box into two columns.
Ex.9. Fill in the missing prepositions.
Redundancy is the situation that results when an employee’s contract … employment is ended because that job no longer exists or is no longer needed. A factory might close …, which would make all the workforce redundant, or, … a factory, a new machine might make a particular job no longer necessary. Workers who are made redundant have a right to receive compensation … the form … a lump-sum payment which varies ... the length … service … the employee. Many companies … fact negotiate … trade unions to give more than the minimum legal requirement … compensation, especially if they are asking … workers to accept voluntary redundancy as opposed … compulsary redundancy.
(to, down, in (3), within, according to, of (4), with, for)
Exercises in Comprehenson
Ex.1. Answer the following questions:
1. How can a person leave a job?
2. When does a person resign?
3. When does a person retire?
4. What do we call “early retirement”?
5. What is redundancy?
6. What is a redundancy payment?
7. How is the compensation for the job loss calculated?
8. What do we call "outplacement"?
9. When is a person fired or sacked?
Поиск по сайту:
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.014 сек.)