|АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция||
Answer the questions. 1. Where and when were you born ?
1. Where and when were you born ?
2. How old are you ?
3. Have you got a family ?
4. How many people are there in your family ?
5. Do you have brothers, sisters, grandparents in your family ?
6. Where do you live ?
7. Did you study well at school ?
8. What school did you finish ?
Let me introduce myself Позвольте мне представиться
surname (last name) фамилия
to be born родиться
to be situated находиться (располагаться)
to describe appearance описывать внешность
tall / short высокий / низкий (о росте)
slim /stout / plump / fat стройный / коренастый / полный
fair / dark / curly светлые / темные / кудрявые
attractive привлекательный (-ая)
to think думать
good-looking хорошо выглядящий
to go in for … заниматься
to be interested in … интересоваться
to do well успевать (хорошо учиться)
to want to be (become) хотеть быть (стать)
to be good at … хорошо получаться
to enjoy … / to like нравиться
first-year student первокурсник
to get an education получить образование
fun to be with веселый человек
to spend time проводить время
easy to go along легкий в общении
smart / clever / bright сообразительный / умный
stupid / silly тупой / глупый
talkative / communicative / разговорчивый / общительный
to try the best делать всё возможное
10. Ответьте на вопросы:
1) What is your name and surname?
2) Where and when were you born?
3) How old are you?
4) Have you got a family?
5) Where do you live?
6) Where do your parents live?
7) Did you study well at school?
8) What educational establishments (учебные заведения) have you finished?
9) What was your favourite subject?
10) What do you like to read?
11) What sport do you go in for?
12) Do you like cinema? What is your favourite film?
13) What is your hobby?
14) How do you like to spend week-ends?
15) Have you got friends?
16) What is your best feature of character (черта характера)?
17) What is your worst feature of character?
18) What subjects are you interested in?
19) What books are you interesting in?
20) What are you going to be?
21) What characteristics should have an ideal friend?
22) Have your got a dream?
23) What are you dreaming to be in 10 years?
24) What professions are in order (востребованы) today to your mind?
25) What person do you want to be alike (быть похожим)?
Members of the family and relatives – члены семьи и родственники:
grandparents-дедушка и бабушка
great- grandmother –прабабушка
cousin-двоюродный брат и сестра
second cousin-троюродный брат и сестра
elder-старший (о членах семьи)
the eldest-самый старший
Relations by marriage – родственники по браку:
husband- муж, супруг wife-жена
father-in-law- свекор, тесть
mother-in law-свекровь, теща
daughter-in-law- невестка, сноха
brother-in-law-1. зять; 2. шурин, свояк, деверь
sister-in-law-1.невестка (жена брата) 2. золовка, свояченица
Step relations – сводные родственники:
stepbrother- сводный брат
to be single- быть неженатым
1) Supply the missing words:
Mr and Mrs. Dale live in London. They are married. Mr Dale is Mrs. Dale’s…, and Mrs. Dale is Mr Dale is….They have four children: Henry, John, Mary and Jane. Mr Dale is their… and Mrs. Dale is their….Mr and Mrs. Dale are their .... The four children are … and …; Henry and John are the two ... of Mr and Mrs. Dale; Mary and Jane are the two .... Mary is the eldest child, and Jane is the youngest.
Mr Dale's father is very old; his name is George. He lives with the family. George Dale is the ... of the four children.
Mrs. Dale has a mother; she is the … of the four children. Her name is Mrs. Field. Henry and John are the... of old Mr Dale and of old Mrs. Field; Mary and Jane are their ….
Mr Dale has a brother and a sister. His brother's name is Richard Dale, and his ... name is Helen. His sister is married. She married Mr White and so she is called ... White. Richard Dale is the ... of the four children. Mrs. White is the ... of the four children. Her ... Mr White is another uncle of the four children.
Mr Richard Dale has two children: Edward and Rose. These two
2) Answer the questions:
1) Have you got a sister or a brother?
2)Have you got an elder sister or a younger sister/brother?
3) Has your cousin a wife or a husband?
4) Do you want to have a son, a daughter or twins?
5) Have you any nephews or nieces? How can you characterize them?
6) What is your aunt?
7) What is your uncle?
8) Have you a second cousin?
9) What is your second cousin's name?
10) You are the eldest child in the family, aren't you?
11) You are the only child in the family, aren't you?
12) What names would you like to give to your son and daughter?
13) What qualities must a perfect wife have? Must she tell you everything?
14) What kind of character should an ideal husband have?
15) Have you got any relations by marriage?
16) Has anybody of your relatives stepchildren?
3) Use the information of the text to answer the following questions:
Translate the following: illegitimacy, remarriage, single parent, Family structure:
The British live longer, marry later, have fewer children and are more likely to get divorced than ever before. Young people leave home earlier, though not necessarily to get married. More women now go out to work and more people, especially the old, live alone. The nuclear family (parents and perhaps two children) has largely replaced the extended family where several generations lived together, but has also been partly replaced by patterns of remarriage where children with different parents may live together as a family for some or all of the time.
Although patterns are changing, most people in Britain still get married and have children and stay together until the end of their lives. People are marrying later: the average woman gets married at twenty-seven to a man who is just over two years older (although it is estimated that 40 per cent of couples live together before getting married). Mrs. Average now has her first child in her late twenties, but she will have only one or two children: one mother in four has more. Eight out of ten married women will have children at some point in their lives. And despite the changes in working habits it is usually the woman who has overall responsibility for domestic life: the traditional division of family responsibilities still persists.
Britain has one of the highest divorce rates in Western Europe approximately one in three marriages ends in divorce, half of them in the first ten years of marriage. As a result more people are getting remarried and there are now over 1.6 million single parents. There has also been a sharp rise in the rate of illegitimacy; by 1999 nearly 40 per cent of babies were born outside marriage.
a) Find four trends in family structure mentioned in the text.
b) At what age do people in Britain get married?
c) What is the difference between a nuclear and extended family?
4) Прочитайте предложение о том, кто есть кто в семье и заполните схему:
Peter is married to Ann. Their daughter’s name is Laura.
Peter’s parents are Jack and Rosy.
Ann, s nephew, s name is Leo. His mother, Julia, is Ann, s sister.
Linda is Ann’ s sister-in-law.
Alan’s mother- in-law’s name is Joan.
Jamie is Leo’s cousin.
Bill is a grandfather of two grandsons and one granddaughter.
5) Головоломка. Ответьте на вопросы.
1. I am a man. If Larry’s son is my son’s father, what relationship am I to Larry?
a) his grandfather
b) his father
c) his son
d) his grandson
e) I am Larry
f) his uncle
2. I am a woman. If Mary is my granddaughter’s aunt, what relationship am I to Mary?
a) her niece
b) her grandmother
c) her mother
d) her daughters
e) I am Mary
3. I am a man. If the nephew of my son’s son is Will’s son, what relationship am I to Will?
a) his uncle
b) his father
c) his cousin
d) I am Will
f) his grandfather
4. I am a woman. If my son’s brother is Linda’s husband, what relationship am I to Linda?
a) her aunt
b) her mother
c) I am Linda
d) her sister
e) her mother-in-law
f) her grandmother
5. I am a boy. If my brother’s father is uncle to Tom’s cousin, what relationship am I to Tom?
a) his cousin
b) his brother
c) his father
d) I am Tom
e) his son
f) his uncle
6. I am a little girl. If my cousin’s father is Lucy’s daughter’s uncle, what relationship am I to Lucy?
a) her daughter
b) her sister
c) her niece
d) I am Lucy
e) her cousin
f) her granddaughter
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.019 сек.)