АвтоАвтоматизацияАрхитектураАстрономияАудитБиологияБухгалтерияВоенное делоГенетикаГеографияГеологияГосударствоДомДругоеЖурналистика и СМИИзобретательствоИностранные языкиИнформатикаИскусствоИсторияКомпьютерыКулинарияКультураЛексикологияЛитератураЛогикаМаркетингМатематикаМашиностроениеМедицинаМенеджментМеталлы и СваркаМеханикаМузыкаНаселениеОбразованиеОхрана безопасности жизниОхрана ТрудаПедагогикаПолитикаПравоПриборостроениеПрограммированиеПроизводствоПромышленностьПсихологияРадиоРегилияСвязьСоциологияСпортСтандартизацияСтроительствоТехнологииТорговляТуризмФизикаФизиологияФилософияФинансыХимияХозяйствоЦеннообразованиеЧерчениеЭкологияЭконометрикаЭкономикаЭлектроникаЮриспунденкция
Местоимения it, one, that
I. Укажите номера предложений, в которых it выступает как а) личное, б) указательное, в) безличное и г)усилительное местоимение. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая особое внимание на различный перевод слова it.
1. It is the “Morning Star”, a newspaper of the working people of Great Britain. 2. It helps the worker to struggle for their rights. 3. The workers read it every day. 4. Take a dictionary; it is difficult to translate this text. 5. It is hydrogen that will be the main source of energy in the car of the future. 6. It is proved that light needs time to travel any distance. 7. What is it? – It is a computer. 8. It was important it find the answer in time. 9. It will be important to practice in a laboratory. 10. Take this piece of metal. 11. It is aluminum. 12. It is light. 13. We use it in industry. 14. What do we make of it?
II. Найдите в предложениях усилительный оборот. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
it, is (was) + выделяемый член предложения + that (who, which…)
Помните, что такие предложения обычно переводятся на русский язык простым распространенным предложениям с добавлением слов именно,только.
It was this book that I wanted it read. Именно эту книгу я и хотел прочесть
It was not until I came here that I Только после того, как я пришел сюда,
learned about it. я узнал об этом
It is two years since the machine Вот уже два года, как машина работает.
has been working
1. It was Mendeleyev who established the periodic table of elements. 2. It is the electron motion which causes the wave known as radiation. 3. It is by radiation that the earth receives its heat from the Sun. 4. It is in industrial technology and scientific development that electronic tools made a great contribution. 5. It was about 100 years ago that the first useful tools for ultrasonic experiments were invented. 6. It is by ultrasonic that we can detect minute flaws and measure the thickness with the greatest accuracy. 7. It was not until she passed all her examinations that she wrote home. 8. It was Lomonosov who first determined the existence of atmosphere round Venus. 9. It was only after the 1920s that many of Mendeleyev’s ideas were put into practice. 10. It was not until 1609 that the German astronomer Iohannes Kepler described planetary path correctly for the first time. 11. It is because of their inertia that balls kinds continue their motion when thrown or struck. 12. It is the number of electrons within the atom that determines the properties of a substance. 13. It is the energy of felling water that is used to drive turbines. 14. It was Einstein who came to the conclusion that the electromagnetic field is influenced by the gravitational field.
II. Переведите предложения на русский язык. Помните о различных способах перевода слов “that”,“those”.
1. People who study languages like those that play the piano must have much practice. 2. That lecture will give you more information than any book. 3. The color of aluminum is white that of gold is yellow. 4. The properties of a liquid are different from those of a gas. 5. it is heat that causes many chemical changes.
1. Atomic energy can serve people but one should never forget that energy can also destroy the world. 2. That research in the field of converting solar energy into electricity is very important today is quite evident. 3. The BAM area is nearly equal to that of Western Europe. 4. The main factor of Siberia is industrial development is that large territorial production complexes are being built there. 5. In the 17-th century Galileo declared that the earth moved around the Sun; those who lived at the time believed that the Sun moved around the earth.
III. Укажите предложения: а) с неопределенно- личным местоимением one, б) со словом “one” – заменителем ранее упомянутого существительного, в) с числительным one. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. One can hardly find a sphere where power is not required. 2. One of the most useful applications of Ohm is law is the measuring of resistance. 3. Scientists develop new processes and improve old ones to produce better kinds of steel. 4. The idea of automation is one of the most important ideas for modern industry. 5. He knew that no one could help him. 6. Our old laboratory equipment was much worse than the new one. 7. Due to radioactive elements one can measure the thickness of various materials. 8. One should always inspect the machine – tool before he turns it on. 9. One cannot read such technical papers without a dictionary. 10. The new power stations are much more powerful than the old ones. 11. One must know that these rays produce a harmful effect on man. 12. One should always be careful when he operates this machine – tool. 13. One can easily regulate the speed of this machine. 14. One must not expect to find plant life in the Antarctic.
IV. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на слова заместители.
1. This solid is denser than that one. 2. This is a new measuring instrument; its accuracy is much higher than of the old one. 3. The density of the liquid air is only a little less than that of water. 4. Your advice is more important for us than hers. 5. The instruments at our laboratory are not so modern as these at yours. 6. Their office is farther away from the Institute than ours. 7. Mercury revolves round the Sun at a higher speed than other planets. Its speed is much higher than theirs.
1. Scientists and engineers work out new processes and improve old ones to produce better kinds of polymer materials. 2. The capacity of this atomic power station will be many times greater than that of the first one. 3. The system of structures to protect Leningrad from floods is a unique one. 4. The number of discoveries and inventions of the last 25 years equals those made throughout the history of civilization. 5. The speed of lighter molecules is greater than that of heavier ones. 6. There is one mistake in your exercise but a very bad one, one must not make such bad mistakes. 7. Metal is good conductor of heat while wood is a bad one.
Поиск по сайту:
Все материалы представленные на сайте исключительно с целью ознакомления читателями и не преследуют коммерческих целей или нарушение авторских прав. Студалл.Орг (0.005 сек.)